Making the decision to outsource supply chain functions and processes to a Third Party Logistics (3PL) company can be challenging yet rewarding to the company looking to save money. Supply chain functions have grown increasingly complex with globalization, technology, and competition advancing at a rapid pace. With the services they provide, outsourcing to 3PL company may be the best choice. Also if you operate a growing e-commerce or catalog store that sells physical items, then you should consider hiring a third party fulfillment center.
Sometimes referred to as 3rd Party Logistics Providers (3PL), the core services offered by these types of companies are inventory management and pick-pack-ship services. But in many cases 3PLs also provide additional services like shopping cart integration, outsourced customer service, returns management and EDI services. The bottom line is that you’re losing money by not using a 3PL company like Laney & Duke and here’s why:
With a 3PL Comany You Get More Services From One Location
- Your expertise and resources are not optimal in-house to manage a manufacturing or distribution center. A 3PL Company has the experience to do so.
- Reduction of in-house employees means a decrease in payroll costs and related expenses.
- Capability to ramp up or down allows you to keep up with business cycle fluctuations.
- Access to supply chain professionals with years of experience provides a competitive advantage over your competitors.
- Working with a 3PL improves the efficiency of your business’s fulfillment and supply chain processes.
- Your business benefits from advanced technologies and warehousing software without the upfront investment.
- You maintain higher safety, quality, and efficiency standards.
Laney & Duke offers over 1,000,000 sq. ft. of outstanding product warehousing in Jacksonville, FL for distribution services, coupled with our amazing warehouse management. Why spend your capital and invest in unwanted assets to create your own distribution center? Laney & Duke offer those distribution services for you complete with qualified employees and management to make sure your company runs smoothly.
Flexible Pick and Pack Services
- Pick and Pack services allows you to ship a larger volume of products at lower prices
- Gives you better shipping accuracy
- Has greater flexibility
- Maintans a high level of security
- Pick and Pack services are an ideal option for smaller companies
Laney & Duke processes over 5,000,000 pick and packs per year in Florida, so without exaggeration we can say that one of our specialties is handling medium to large pick and pack operations for many companies.
Increased Efficiency Using Cross-Docking
- Cross-Docking allows the efficient consolidation of products.
- Decreases inventory levels due to elimination of storage.
- Enables faster product flow by eliminating “dwell”.
- Enables more frequent deliveries.
- Decreases inventory obsolescence due to reduced inventory and faster product flow.
- Decreases labor requirements and costs due to decreased material handling through elimination of put-away to storage and order picking.
- Decreases inventory damage costs due to less material handling.
- Supports businesses Just in Time strategy.
- Accelerates payments to suppliers.
- Improves the relations with the supply chain partners.
Laney & Duke offers everything you need for cross-docking services in Jacksonville, FL including drayage to and from the Jacksonville ports. Whether it’s stripping full trailer loads or trans-loading onto overseas containers or stripping full container loads for domestic delivery, Laney & Duke has you covered. No matter your shipment or needs, Laney & Duke can meet your unique supply chain requirements.
Availability of Kitting Services
- Kitting provides total supply chain management
- Operational flexibility
- Freight Management
- Customizable service to handle kits from 10 components to 1,000′s
- Total technology integration
Laney & Duke provides kitting services in Jacksonville, FL by way of their superior labor and knowledgeable supervision. We create displays or kits based on your specifications while meeting your sensitive deadlines. With experienced quality control personnel, you can be sure that your product will reach the customer on time while exceeding their expectations.